These classic gingerbread cookies have been made a touch healthier, and gluten-free for everyone to enjoy! Made with rich molasses, coconut sugar, and coconut oil to replace butter and white table sugar. A must-have holiday treat!
- 3 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar (optional – for dusting)
- In a large bowl, add flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, sea salt, cloves, and baking soda and baking powder. Whisk until blended together.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine melted coconut oil and molasses. Whisk until combined, then add in coconut sugar, maple syrup, and egg.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture, while continuously stirring and mixing well until batter is formed.
- Once batter is made, divide in half, place in Ziploc bag or covere in plastic wrap, and place in fridge for up to 1 hour to chill.
- Once batter has chilled, preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Roll out dough, cut into desired cookie shapes, and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Let cookies bake in oven for 8-12 minutes (8 minutes for softer cookies, 12 minutes for crisper cookies).
- Let cool and enjoy! Dust with powdered sugar or add frosting if desired.
- Category: Dessert