Holy yum! Of course Valentine’s Day causes me to crave chocolate…so naturally I have to whip up my favorite healthier chocolate pudding..with avocado as the secret ingredient! This recipe contains unsweetened cacao powder which is PACKED with antioxidants, and the only sweetness comes from honey or maple syrup…no white table sugar. Delicious and nutritious!
- 2–3 avocados (2 large, 3 medium/small)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3–4 TBSP maple syrup or honey (date syrup also works!)
- 1–2 TBSP unsweetened almond milk (try chocolate for extra richness!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Small pinch sea salt
- 1 or bittersweet dark chocolate (melted)
- Melt chocolate bar, and add to food processor with all remaining ingredients except for walnuts.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add more or less milk depending on desired consistency.
- Top with crushed walnuts upon serving. Store in fridge. Enjoy!
The avocado serves as the perfect consistency to make this taste like true pudding. And no, it doesn’t taste like straight avocado! Avocados are packed with fiber and healthy unsaturated fats, healthy for our hearts and brain. Top with walnuts, extra cinnamon, and extra cacao powder and it’ll taste like true decadence!