For the Chicken Tenders
- 1-2lb boneless chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
For the Spicy Honey Mustard:
- 1 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne
- pinch of sea salt & pepper, to taste
- pinch of smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and sour cream and set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, thyme, and italian seasoning. Mix until well blended, then add to a shallow bowl or large plate.
- One by one, dip chicken tender into sour cream/egg mixture, then coat completely with seasoning bread crumb mixture, then place on baking sheet. Repeat with all chicken tenders until fully covered.
- Bake chicken tenders for 25 minutes, flipping once halfway through, or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
- While chicken tenders are cooking, mix together all honey mustard ingredients until smooth and adjust seasonings to taste (for more sweetness, add more honey, for more mustard taste, add more mustard, etc.)
- Once chicken tenders have cooled, dip in honey mustard and enjoy!