A fun and delicious way to add more protein to your typical avocado toast. Want to make a full meal out of this? Pair with fruit for breakfast, or top with grilled shrimp for an entree! the possibilities are endless.
- 4 slices thick sourdough bread, warmed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 TBSP diced green onion
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- For topping, optional:
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of microgreens for topping
- Flaky sea salt
- Diced tomatoes
- Blanch the edamame in a pot of salted boiling water for 5 minutes until soft. Drain.
- In a high powered food processor or blender, add the edamame, avocado, lime juice, and paprika, and garlic powder and puree until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in diced green onion to the edamame avocado mixture and set aside.
- Toast bread and drizzle with olive oil if desired. Spread the edamame avocado mixture evenly to all slices of toast. Add desired toppings and enjoy!
*want some extra heat? Add in ground cayenne powder as well to kick it up a notch!
Keywords: high protein avocado toast, edamame avocado toast, the best avocado toast, plant-based avocado toast