- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight in water
- 5–6 pitted medjool dates
- 2 cups water
- 1 chocolate bar of choice (I used Alter Eco Brown Butter dark chocolate)
- dash of sea salt
- a few drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 TBSP raw cacao powder (optional)
- Soak almonds overnight covered in water to soften (or minimum 6-8 hours…if in a hurry soak in boiled hot water).
- Once almonds have soaked, drain and add to high-powered blender.
- Add water to blender, as well as the dates, sea salt, and stevia if using.
- Blend mixture on high until frothy and blended.
- Pour small amounts of almond milk mixture at a time into Ellie’s Best Nut Milk Bag over top a large bowl. Squeeze nut mixture to release liquid into bowl. Continue until all mixture is used and you’ve got about a cup or so of milk. (Pro tip: save the dry almond meal to make brownies, cookies, or crackers rather than discarding!)
- Once almond milk is made, pour into glass jar and let sit in fridge while you prepare the chocolate.
- In a double broiler, melt chopped chocolate bar (use as much as desired depending on amount of chocolate you want — I used about 3/4 of the bar).
- Melt chocolate in double broiler, then pour into almond milk. Shake, and add back into blender if using additional raw cacao powder.
- Add cacao powder and almond milk back into blender and blend on high until mixed well.
- Pour chocolate almond milk back into glass container. Enjoy!
- Category: Beverage