Need a delicious, flavorful lunch meal prep idea? Make these balanced lunches in under an hour – to eat nourishing meals all week long! A mix of quinoa, leafy greens, feta cheese, roasted root veggies, and poached chicken. Delicious!
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 large shallot, halved
- 3–4 sprigs of fresh thyme and oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
Roasted Root Vegetables:
- 2 large parsnips
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 beets
- 1 red onion
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each of: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (made from 1 cup uncooked)
- mixed greens
- feta cheese
- Italian dressing for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Chop vegetables into 1/2″ thick wedges or half moons. Add to baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with herbs and seasonings. Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, add all chicken ingredients to a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a bare simmer; cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat reads 165 degrees F, or ~25 to 30 minutes.
- While chicken and veggies are also cooking, cook quinoa. Add 1 cup uncooked quinoa to 2 cups water in a saucepan. Heat to boiling, then turn down to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed and you can fluff with a fork.
- Once chicken is done, let cool and slice thinly. Once quinoa and veggies have also finished and cooled, divide veggies and quinoa among 5 bowls. Add a handful of mixed greens to each container, and top with divided chicken. Sprinkle each with feta.
- Once ready to eat, reheat and drizzle with a little italian dressing or olive oil and enjoy!