Fall is coming…at least i hope it is soon. After spending the weekend inside all weekend due to Hurricane Florence (and feeling some cooler temps), I’m now extremely ready for it to turn to cooler weather. Thank God at least football season is already here! Fall brings new flavors, new ideas in the kitchen, and new dishes. This dish is a perfect segway from the end of summer into fall. Quinoa is dense and nutty (great for fall), but the tomatoes still add lightness and flavor, while the feta keeps it a bit summery.
Any dish with feta & mint and I’m in.Print
This delicious quinoa salad has all the Mediterranean flavor and is the perfect side dish for any meal. Packed with plant-protein and fiber!
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 large cucumber
- 0.5 lb crumbled feta cheese
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, green part only
- 8–10 large mint leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt & Black pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot, bring the 4 cups of water to a boil. Add in quinoa, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until water is absorbed (about 12-15 minutes).
- While quinoa is cooking, chop mint, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and scallions and set aside.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add to a large serving bowl. Then add in mint, tomatoes, scallions, crumbled feta, and olive oil and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled.
Not a vegetarian? Feel free to cook quinoa in bone broth in place of water for added flavor!
This dish works wonderfully as a side dish, or by itself as a main topped with tofu or even salmon!
Add a little Mediterranean flair to your week with this dish. Packed with fiber, heart-healthy whole grains, plant-based protein (with all 9 essential amino acids!) and TONS of flavor.