This delicious quinoa salad has all the Mediterranean flavor and is the perfect side dish for any meal. Packed with plant-protein and fiber!
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 large cucumber
- 0.5 lb crumbled feta cheese
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, green part only
- 8–10 large mint leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt & Black pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot, bring the 4 cups of water to a boil. Add in quinoa, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until water is absorbed (about 12-15 minutes).
- While quinoa is cooking, chop mint, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and scallions and set aside.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add to a large serving bowl. Then add in mint, tomatoes, scallions, crumbled feta, and olive oil and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled.
Not a vegetarian? Feel free to cook quinoa in bone broth in place of water for added flavor!