Thanksgiving is almost here!
These mini raw vegan pumpkin pies are the perfect healthy treat to bring to your family gathering!
Tips for a Healthy, Happy Thanksgiving:
- Enjoy a family walk during the day to help with digestion and to get a little movement in.
- Pick one or two favorite desserts to truly enjoy and savor rather than eating a bite of everything.
- Keep The Plate Method in mind – get a balance of carbs, protein, and fats to keep you satisfied.
- Eat slowly and check in with your hunger and fullness cues.
- Get in some veggies if you want, but also enjoy some of the good stuff!
- Don’t skip meals – eat normally throughout the morning to keep your metabolism going and to avoid binging and fasting cycles.
- Focus on the true meaning of the holiday – giving thanks, surrounding yourself with loved ones, and relaxing. 🙂 One day of eating a little bit more than normal (and a bit unhealthier) won’t make or break you!
These mini pumpkin pies are the perfect lighter holiday fare. Treat your family this Thanksgiving to these no-bake, super easy, gluten and dairy-free treats. Super delicious and much healthier than your average pumpkin pie!
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup Decadent Blend Caramel Flavor Chia/Flax/Maca/Cacao Blend
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup (I used Sugar-Free Maple Syrup)
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- dash vanilla extract
- dash sea salt
- dash pumpkin pie spice
- dash cinnamon
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (Ripple is a great option)
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TBSP raw coconut butter
- 3 TBSP cornstarch
- Blend all crust ingredients in a high powered food processor until smooth.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and line muffin tins with crust batter to form pie crust.
- Place filled muffin tin in freezer to set.
- Clean food processor and blend together filling ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Fill set crusts with filling to the top.
- Top with 1 walnut piece and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
- Place in freezer for a few hours to set, then transfer to fridge.
- Category: Dessert
These mini pumpkin pies are so delicious and absolutely creamy. Use a spoon to spoon out the filling and then eat the cookie outside last 🙂The crust tastes similar to a Larabar, filled with healthy nuts and caramel-y dates.
Shock your guests this year with these amazing tasting pumpkin pies!!