A colorful, nourishing spring salad made from fresh in-season ingredients! Bright, healthy, & energizing, paired with a simple champagne vinaigrette.
I love having the ability to go out to my backyard and grab fresh ingredients for dinner. Growing up, that was one of my favorite memories — picking fresh, crisp green beans from the garden with my parents to cook for dinner. They instilled in me an appreciation for growing your own food – having fresh, nutritious food, and also balance – the important of fun foods, too.
I snagged some romaine and fresh mint for this salad, and it truly makes it so light and flavorful. If you haven’t tried growing your own herbs or vegetables, I encourage you to look into it if it sounds like something you’d enjoy! It’s much easier than you think, and you can always just start small with one herb. There’s nothing more rewarding than having fresh produce right in your backyard that you grew!Print
A colorful, nourishing spring salad made from fresh spring ingredients! Bright, healthy, & energizing, paired with a simple champagne vinaigrette. You’ll crave this freshness during those warm spring and summer days!
For the salad:
- 5+ cups fresh mixed lettuces (bibb, romaine, butter, etc.) –bonus points if you got yours from your garden like I did! 😉
- 1 head radicchio, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1–2 large cucumbers, diced
- 4–5 medium radishes, sliced thin
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1–2 TBSP champagne vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & black pepper, to taste
- Wash, chop, and dice your salad ingredients. Add lettuce, radicchio, avocado, pomegranate seeds, cucumber, radishes, mint, and dill to a large salad bowl. Toss. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and continue to toss.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad upon serving. Enjoy immediately!
Keywords: spring salad, nourishing salad, vegan salad, refreshing green salad