Peach, Fennel, & Golden Beet Slaw
This perfect summer side dish pairs well with warm fish tacos, or tangy BBQ Chicken….yum!
Slighty tangy, slightly sweet, this slaw is my favorite way to enjoy fennel and cabbage! I can be so routine and typical with my greens, always making simple salads and rotating arugula, kale, and lettuce, so this recipe gets me out of my normal routine and brings me more variety with the fennel and cabbage. I love the texture and taste of fennel – it truly has become a favorite of mine as of late! How do you like to bring more variety into your eating patterns?
Crispy, tangy, refreshing slaw made from peach, fennel, beet, and cabbage! This dish is the perfect quick, nutritious, and tasty summer side! Pairs perfectly with fish tacos or BBQ chicken.
- 2 peaches, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced into ribbons
- 1 medium to large golden beet, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 head green cabbage, sliced into ribbons
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, or 1 tsp minced
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a few sprigs fresh parsley
- a few sprigs fresh dill
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits; thinly slice the fruit into matchsticks.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core. Cut the quarters lengthwise into matchsticks.
- Cut the head of cabbage lengthwise and set aside the other half. Thinly slice one half of the cabbage into ribbons.
- Remove skin from beet, and cut into thin matchsticks.
- Add all chopped produce to a large bowl.
- Mince ginger, and add to slaw.
- Squeeze juice from lime and add to slaw. Drizzle with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with herbs.
- Let sit to marinate for at least 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Like your slaw a little sweeter? Feel free to add a dash of honey!
Keywords: summer slaw, vegan slaw, peach fennel slaw, cabbage slaw