Crispy, tangy, refreshing slaw made from peach, fennel, beet, and cabbage! This dish is the perfect quick, nutritious, and tasty summer side! Pairs perfectly with fish tacos or BBQ chicken.
- 2 peaches, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced into ribbons
- 1 medium to large golden beet, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 head green cabbage, sliced into ribbons
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, or 1 tsp minced
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a few sprigs fresh parsley
- a few sprigs fresh dill
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits; thinly slice the fruit into matchsticks.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core. Cut the quarters lengthwise into matchsticks.
- Cut the head of cabbage lengthwise and set aside the other half. Thinly slice one half of the cabbage into ribbons.
- Remove skin from beet, and cut into thin matchsticks.
- Add all chopped produce to a large bowl.
- Mince ginger, and add to slaw.
- Squeeze juice from lime and add to slaw. Drizzle with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with herbs.
- Let sit to marinate for at least 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Like your slaw a little sweeter? Feel free to add a dash of honey!
Keywords: summer slaw, vegan slaw, peach fennel slaw, cabbage slaw