This delicious kale caesar salad is packed with nutrients – fiber, plant-based protein, and healthy fats. Swaps out the typical high-fat caesar dressing and refined flour croutons for healthier options. A crowd-pleasing dish that tastes delicious!
- Kale Salad
- 4 cups raw kale, chopped
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan – see below
- 1–2 TBSP Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing (or other Caesar dressing) (upon serving)
- Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Vegan Parmesan
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1.5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chickpeas (Dry lightly with paper towel) in a medium sized bowl, and cover with seasonings: sea salt, garlic powder, cayenne powder.
- Place chickpeas on baking sheet and roast in oven for 40-45 minutes.
- While chickpeas are roasting, make vegan parmesan by blending all ingredients in a food processor until mixture resembles fine parmesan. Set aside. (Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 weeks).
- Chop kale, add to large bowl, and add olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice and massage into kale until soft.
- Add vegan parmesan to kale salad, top with chickpeas, and serve with caesar dressing. Enjoy!
- Category: Salad