A favorite quick meatless recipe – Plant-based Mushroom Chorizo Lettuce Wraps with Avocado Cilantro Sauce
Whether you’re trying to cut back on animal proteins for ethical reasons, environmental reasons, or health reasons, this recipe has you covered! A quick, delicious meatless meal made in under 15 minutes – that’s a win-win in my book!
The chorizo used in this recipe is Beyond Meat Sausage – they are SO good. Simply crumble as best you can, or chop into bite-sized pieces, and heat up on a skillet for just a few minutes per side! A great way to get some protein if you’re being mindful of meat consumption. And they’re extremely flavorful, just try them and you’ll see!
These plant-based mushroom chorizo lettuce wraps will leave you feeling satisfied and content. Packed with flavor and nutrition, and done in just 15 minutes! The perfect speedy weeknight meatless meal.
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 package romaine lettuce cups
- 1 package Beyond Sausage
- fresh pico de gallo
- 2–3 cups bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic
For the Avocado Cilantro Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBSP mayonaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot water to thin (if necessary), start with 1 tsp
- Add sliced mushrooms to saute pan with the tablespoon of olive oil and season with paprika, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Cook on medium-high heat, without moving, until browned on one side, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir, then cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until mostly golden brown on all sides. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Take mushrooms out of pan and set to the side. In the same pan (add more olive oil if needed), add crumbled sausage links and heat on medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, turning frequently. Once cooked, set aside.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a small blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy throughout. Add hot water to thin if necessary, starting with just 1 tsp.
- Assemble lettuce wraps: top each romaine cup with desired amount of mushrooms, sausage, pico de gallo, and drizzle with avocado aioli. Top with additional cilantro if desired. Makes about 8 lettuce cups. Enjoy!
Keywords: plant-based chorizo lettuce wraps, meatless chorizo mushrooms lettuce tacos
Want more meatless meal ideas? Check out these Vegan Recipes!