I’ve made banana bread countless times before…but this rendition is one of my favorites. These Protein Banana Bread Bars are bite-sized banana bread pieces packed with a little extra protein…and so warm and gooey when you microwave them! The best quick snack or breakfast on-the-go.
These bars are packed with healthy ingredients like chia seeds (fiber and plant-based protein), protein powder (use whatever kind you like, my fave brand is this one)
Be creative with toppings! I added almonds, pistachios, walnuts, cinnamon, and shredded coconut on top of my bars (aka whatever was in my pantry). Chia seeds + goji berries would also be a great combo!Print
These soft and melt-in-your-mouth breakfast banana bars are easy to make. Pop ’em in the microwave for a warm and gooey dessert that’s nutritious and packed with protein!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used this brand)
- 1 cup gluten free All Purpose Flour (can use coconut flour, almond flour, etc)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 tsp saigon cinnamon
- 2 eggs (1 with yolk, 1 with white only)
- 1/4 unsweetened almond milk
- dash of sea salt
- 10–15 drops liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- raw almonds, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon (optional, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well until a smooth, thick dough forms.
- Pour batter into lightly greased bread pan.
- Top with optional toppings.
- Place in oven and bake for ~20 minutes or until top starts to golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut into 10 square bars.
- **Store in fridge or on counter in an airtight container. Heat up for 30 seconds in microwave for the ultimate warm gooeyness!
- Category: Breakfast