I’ve made banana bread countless times before…but these are my fave. They are bite sized banana bread pieces but packed with protein…and so warm and gooey when you microwave them! The best late-night snack or breakfast on the go.
These bars are packed with healthy ingredients like chia seeds (fiber and plant-based protein), protein powder (use whatever kind you like, my fave brand is this one)
Be creative with toppings! I added almonds, pistachios, walnuts, cinnamon, and shredded coconut on top of my bars (aka whatever was in my pantry). Chia seeds + goji berries would also be a great combo!Print
These soft and melt-in-your-mouth breakfast banana bars are easy to make. Pop ’em in the microwave for a warm and gooey dessert that’s guilt-free and packed with protein!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (I use Vega Vanilla + Greens)
- 1 cup gluten free All Purpose Flour (can use coconut flour, almond flour, etc)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 tsp saigon cinnamon
- 2 eggs (1 with yolk, 1 with white only)
- 1/4 unsweetened almond milk
- dash of sea salt
- 10–15 drops liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- raw almonds, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon (optional, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well until a smooth, thick dough forms.
- Pour batter into lightly greased bread pan.
- Top with optional toppings.
- Place in oven and bake for ~20 minutes or until top starts to golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut into 10 square bars.
- **Store in fridge or on counter in an airtight container. Heat up for 30 seconds in microwave for the ultimate warm gooeyness!
- Category: Breakfast