Indulge your chocolate cravings with these easy homemade Raw Chocolate Cups!
Vegan + Gluten Free
& so simple to make!
Who else buys some of their “speciality foods” at TJ Maxx? I’m newly obsessed with TJ Maxx and you really can’t beat their prices. A whole bag of goji berries was only 8 bucks…at Whole Foods they are $18! Crazy, right? I also picked up some raw cacao nibs, raw cacao powder (used to make these delicious chocolate cups), and some crystallized ginger, my fave sweet treat (and one of the best toppings for these chocolate cups)
I love the rich dark chocolate flavor of these cups and it’s so fun to play around with different toppings. After experimenting with these before, I’ve decided my absolute favorite is the chocolate with the ginger…SO DELICIOUS. Try around and see which toppings you like best! I like to use a variety and store them in my freezer for when those chocolate cravings kick it…aka daily?
- 1/2 cup coconut butter or cacao butter
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tsp saigon cinnamon
- dash of vanilla bean sugar (like the brand Heilala) (or a sugar substitute)
- a few drops of liquid stevia
- various toppings of choice (chia seeds, goji berries, crystallized ginger, gluten free sandwich cookie crushed, chopped nuts, mama powder, flax seeds)
- Melt coconut butter and coconut oil in a glass bowl over a pan with boiling water (acts as a double broiler).
- Once melted, mix in cacao powder, salt, vanilla sugar, and cinnamon and blend until chocolate is formed.
- Drizzle into 10 small muffin liners.
- Add toppings on top and place in freezer to harden.
- Category: Dessert
No need to bake these or do anything too crazy in the kitchen. Simply melt the ingredients and stir together, and pour into small muffin liners. They harden on their own in the freezer!