This refreshing, delicious Vegan Tofu ‘Chikn’ Salad Wrap is the perfect nourishing & vibrant lunch to fill your body that’s quick and easy! This has been on repeat over here at our house. The mock chicken salad is creamy, flavorful, and very disguising at the fact that it’s vegan! If you were to blindfold me I would have simply been shocked.An easy and yummy lunch if you’re trying to be mindful of your animal/meat intake!
Paired with a little kombrewcha makes for the perfect springtime lunch (just be sure you indulge in the kombrewcha on a day off! 🙂 )
This healthy, raw vegan dish is simple to throw together and tastes amazing! Flavorful and savory.
- 1 package firm tofu
- 1/2 cup veganaise
- 2–3 large celery stalks, chopped
- handful shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TBSP mustard
- 2–3 TBSP tamari
- salt & pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- handful of fresh kale
- 4–5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 wrap (or large lettuce leaf)
- Let the block of tofu sit in freezer overnight, then let thaw the next day and squeeze out all excess water.
- Cut tofu into bite-sized pieces and chop celery and shallots.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients (except tomatoes, kale, and wrap) together and stir well.
- Once mock chicken salad is made, fill wrap with a handful of fresh kale, cherry tomatoes, and any other veggies desired.
- Top with 1/3 cup mock chicken salad.
- Fold into a wrap and enjoy!
- Category: Vegan
You can wrap this deliciousness in a large lettuce leaf, whole grain tortilla, or simply top on a slice of whole grain bread! I personally LOVE this raw flax and carrot wrap I found at our local 4th generation market, but this is a rare treat, so normally I’d simply choose some bread or a salad to pair with it!