Roasted Ginger Miso Salmon with Bok Choy and Brown Rice
The most perfect flavor-packed meal!
This ginger miso glaze is TO DIE FOR! So much flavor. Easy to whip together and packed with umami flavor!
A delicious balanced meal packed with flavor! Miso glazed salmon and bok choy paired with fluffy, buttery brown rice. Easily throw together in a flash with microwavable rice, or take the time on a weekend and go for the rice from scratch. Either way this meal is delicious!
- 2 Salmon Filets
- 2 bunches of Bok Choy, sliced
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 TBSP white miso paste
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp maple syrup
- 2 TBSP Tamari (or soy sauce, coconut aminos)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- dash of garlic powder
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 TBSP+ sesame seeds or blend such as Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning (optional)
- Extra salt and pepper, to taste as desired
- Add 2 cups water to a saucepot and heat to high until boiling. Add 1 cup uncooked brown rice, turn heat down to a simmer, and cover. Cook rice for about 20 minutes. Then, turn heat off and continue to let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and add salt to taste.
- While rice is cooking, preheat oven to 425 degress. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Add bok choy and salmon filets to baking sheet.
- Whisk together ingredients for miso glaze: miso paste, sesame oil, maple syrup, tamari, lemon juice, garlic powder, and ginger.
- Drizzle glaze over both salmon and bok choy evenly.
- Top with sesame seeds or TJ’s Everything seasoning. Roast in oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Then, set to broil and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes until edges start to crisp.
- Remove from heat and divide rice, salmon, and bok choy among plates. Let cool and devour!
If you like a little crisp like me, let the salmon and bok choy broil for a minute or two before pulling out.
Omega 3-packed salmon and fiber-rich bok choy pairs well with fluffy brown rice. Running short on time? Swap in microwavable brown rice for a quick weeknight meal you can get on the table in under 20 minutes! Because life happens.
Savory. Delicious. Balanced. Flavorful.