A delicious root veggie kale salad to pack in some vital nutrients and fiber. Delicious & simple to make!
For the Salad:
- 4–5 cups kale, washed and trimmed
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1.5 cups brussel sprouts
- 1 large bunch carrots (~4–5 medium carrots)
- 1–2 TBSP hemp seeds
- 1–2 TBSP sunflower seeds or sliced almonds
- 1–2 TBSP dried currants
- 1 TBSP olive oil, divided
- sea salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic, italian herbs, etc. for roasting veggies
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice from 1 large lemon)
- 2 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 TBSP minced shallots
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
Slice and chop root veggies into bite sized pieces and add to baking sheets. Drizzle each with 1/2 TBSP olive oil and season with desired seasonings (I used sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and italian herbs).
Place veggies in oven and roast for 35-40 minutes.
While veggies are roasting, wash and trim kale from stems. Chops into bite sized pieces and add to large bowl. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk until blended. Drizzle onto kale and massage until incorporated throughout.
Once veggies have cooled, add to kale and sprinkle with sliced almonds or sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, and dried currants. Enjoy!