Savory, cheesy Zucchini & Spinach Fritters – the perfect way for kids to enjoy their greens! Simple to make and a complete family-friendly food. Dip in ketchup and devour! (GF)
- 1.5 large zucchinis, grated
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2–3 TBSP sliced green onions, for topping
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out any excess water with a paper bowl. Add zucchini to a large bowl.
- Whisk egg and add to bowl with zucchini. Add spinach, almond flour, mozzarella cheese, nutritional yeast, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add olive oil to a large sauté pan and heat to Medium-High heat.
- Scoop 1-2 heaping TBSP of batter into palms and form into a flat ball. Add to saute pan and lightly flatten with spatula. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, until turning golden brown, flipping and continuing to cook on alternate side. Repeat for all batter.
- Let cool, top with sliced green onions, and enjoy! Pairs well dipped in ketchup.
Keywords: savory zucchini fritters, vegetable fritters, gluten free veggie fritters, kid-friendly veggies