Sushi in a flash…without the nori wrap!
This salmon sushi bowl is so easy to throw together and tastes simple amazing…the combination of the sticky sweet sushi rice, avocado, and salmon mixed with tamari and a little sirarcha is heavenly. It doesn’t get much better than this.Print
This epic sushi bowl is easy to make, and tastes incredible! Perfect for either salmon or tuna. Packed with healthy fats to keep your brain healthy and your stomach happy.
- 1 cup sushi rice uncooked
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 lb sushi grade (sashimi) salmon, cut into small cubes
- 1 TBSP tamari or low sodium soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1 tsp chili paste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- Place sushi rice with water in a bowl and have it come to a boiling.
- Once starting to boil, immediately turn down to a simmer and simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once cooked 15 minutes, set aside and let cool for 10 minutes to continue to soak up water.
- As rice is cooking, cut avocado and salmon and place in a bowl. Add sesame seeds, tamari, chili paste, lemon juice, and combine well. Set aside.
- Once rice is cooked and cooled, add salt, sugar, and rice vinegar to a separate small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Add to rice and mix well to combine.
- Scoop 1/2 cup rice mixture and add to a plate. Top with 2 large spoonfuls of salmon avocado mixture. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.
- Category: Entree
Tip: If you get your sashimi-grade salmon when its frozen, its much easier to cut. Slice in into small pieces when its still slightly frozen for a cleaner, easier cut. No need to head over to your local sushi joint, this sushi bowl is so simple to make you have no excuse to have a sushi night at home! My mouth is watering. I couldn’t help but eat this for both lunch AND dinner for two days straight after making it….yes, it’s that good.