My favorite part of being a dietitian is finding ways to tweak my favorite, less-than-healthy foods or treats into healthier versions. Rather than cutting out foods, why not just make them healthier? That’s always been my philosophy with food. Love mac & cheese? Me too! To make it more of a feel-good food, you can try it with whole wheat or Banza chickpea pasta and maybe try making half the cheese sauce blended with butternut squash for more fiber! Make simple nutrition additions overall and they will add up.
These bites are so dang delicious, my fiance couldn’t even resist, exclaiming, “they taste like strawberries & cream!!” without me even telling him that’s what they were supposed to taste like. Winning!Print
These decadent, rich snack bites are strawberries & cream heaven. Rich with cashew buttery flavor and sweet, tangy freeze-dried strawberries make for the best energizing treat. Gluten Free & Vegan!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 dates
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 heaping TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
- dash of sea salt
- dash cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed
- Add all ingredients except dried strawberries to a food processor and blend on high until a smooth dough forms. Adjust ingredients as necessary (more maple syrup or coconut oil if too dry, more oat flour if too wet)
- Once dough is formed, fold in freeze-dried strawberries.
- Roll into bite-sized pieces and store in fridge. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
These are going with me to work this week, and I can’t WAIT to power through those 3 pm slumps with these. The slight crunch of the freeze-dried strawberries is insanely satisfying. Nourishing & delicious!