This Strawberry Mint Quinoa Salad with Chicken is the perfect summer meal – bursting with flavor and freshness. Top with chicken for a complete satisfying lunch or dinner!
For the Salad:
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (made from ~1 heaping cup dry quinoa)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup arugula or kale, chopped
- 1 cup buffalo mozzarella cheese, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios (or walnuts)
- dash of sea salt
- dash of black pepper
For the Champagne Honey Vinaigrette:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 TBSP champagne vinegar
- 1.5 TBSP honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
For the Chicken:
- 1lb boneless chicken breasts (or 4 chicken breast filets)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp italian herbs
- Add dry quinoa to a saucepot and cook according to package directions (1 cup dry quinoa + 2 cups water). Heat to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, prep your chicken by patting the chicken breasts dry. Add all chicken seasonings to a bowl, mixing, and evenly distributing among the 4 chicken breasts. Season both sides of each chicken breast with the seasoning until well coated. Heat the TBSP of olive oil in a skillet to medium-high heat and add your chicken breasts to pan fry. Cook chicken breasts for 5 to 7 minutes without moving them around.
- Flip both chicken breasts over, add 1 tablespoon of butter or oil to the skillet; swirl butter around and continue to cook the chicken for 7 more minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Depending on the size of the chicken breasts, cooking time will vary.
- While chicken and quinoa are cooking, prep the rest of your salad ingredients and add to a large bowl – strawberries, arugula or kale, mozzarella, basil, mint, pistachios, salt, and pepper. Mix.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, add to salad bowl with the other ingredients and mix to stir well until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- While chicken is cooling, whisk together all salad dressing ingredients, and drizzle onto salad. Stir well to evenly distribute.
- Once chicken has cooled, serve salad among 4 bowls, top with sliced chicken breast, and enjoy immediately!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Keywords: Strawberry Mint Quinoa Salad with Chicken