I honestly don’t have a whole lot to say about these as I hope the photos speak for themselves…these Stuffed Vegetarian Portobello Mushrooms were absolutely DELICIOUS!
I crave pizza on the regular, it’s simply my favorite foods, so making a pizza-inspired dish felt right! Stuffed mushrooms with creamy goat cheese and veggies. YUM!Print
These delicious stuffed portobello mushrooms caps are nutrient packed – filled with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The perfect quick vegetarian meal when your pizza cravings arise. Guaranteed to please the whole family!
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 4 TBSP pesto
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- small handful of chopped fresh basil for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place mushrooms cap side down on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Sprinkled with salt and pepper and bake for 5 minutes.
- Chop vegetables while mushroom caps are baking.
- Remove caps from oven and fill caps with all the remaining ingredients expect basil. Place back in oven on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil once done cooking and enjoy immediately!
- Serving Size: 2 mushrooms caps
Pesto also makes these to die for. So many variations can be made with these!
Did you know?
- Mushrooms are one of the few plant sources that are high in B vitamins, crucial for energy metabolism.
- Mushrooms are also a great source of Vitamin D, beneficial for bone growth, mental health, immunity, heart health, and more.
- Mushrooms are of court a great source of fiber, keeping our gut healthy and promoting satiety, not to mention mushrooms contain more than a dozen other vitamins and minerals including copper, potassium, magnesium, zinc and a number of B vitamins such as folate.
- Mushrooms are also high in certain antioxidants like selenium and glutathione, which help protect cells from free radical damage to help decrease the risk of chronic disease and inflammation.