These delicious baked chicken wings are a HIT! The perfect mixture of sweet, salty, and savory. Goes really well with a creamy dipping sauce like blue cheese or gorgonzola. I love to enjoy these on a football Sunday, paired with a crisp beer and some fresh broccoli kale coleslaw. Enjoy!
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- Spray oil to coat wings, or ~2 TBSP oil
- 1/2 TBSP smoked paprika
- 1/2 TBSP garlic powder
- 1/2 TBSP onion powder
- 1/2 TBSP salt
- 3/4 TBSP light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 TBSP chili powder
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper -(more or less per preference of heat)
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasonings (thyme, oregano, etc.)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add all dry rub ingredients to a shallow bowl and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil, spray with nonstick cooking spray, and set oven to preheat to 400 degrees.
- Spray chicken wings with oil spray, and coat one by one evenly in dry rub mixture until completely coated on all sides. Set on lined baking sheet, and repeat with all wings. You may or may not use all of the seasoning mixture, and that’s okay!
- Bake chicken wings for 45 minutes, or until internal temperate reads 165 degrees and the skin is slightly crispy. Let cool and enjoy!
- Category: Entree
Keywords: chicken wings, baked dry rub wings, football wings