Freshly baked cookies. My favorite, second only to ice cream. I love some good old fashioned chocolate chips cookies (made gluten free), but eating them often doesn’t always align with my health goals, so it’s good to have a healthier cookie to satisfy that craving every so often! And this recipe uses only 2 ingredients as the base – found in most pantries – so it’s easy to make at home last minute when you want a warm healthier cookie. And not to mention – these cookies are even breakfast-approved. Oats, banana, and chocolate protein powder to power you through the day.
Cookies for breakfast? I’m in.
You only need mashed ripe banana and rolled oats to make these cookies – but add-ins make them even more delicious. Try adding cinnamon, vanilla extract, mini chocolate chips, almond butter, chopped nuts, raisins, or shredded coconut for some fun options! And last but not least….I drizzled mine with 4th and Heart “Chocti” Date, Chocolate, Ghee spread and it is pure HEAVEN. You’ve got to get your hands on this stuff. (Note: this product is not vegan, so if you’re wanting to keep this recipe vegan, omit the ghee spread).Print
These simple 2-ingredient base cookies are quick to whip up, and even healthier to eat! Take them as an on-the-go snack, a healthy dessert, or even as an energizing breakfast. Gluten-free (if using Certified GF oats) and vegan.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups plain rolled oats
- optional add-ins:
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (I used chocolate in this photographed version)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1/8 cup cacao nibs
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- vanilla extract
- 4th and Heart “Chocti” Chocolate Ghee spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash bananas with a fork in a medium-sized bowl until smooth. Add rolled oats and optional add-ins and stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture (size of about 1.5 TBSP) onto parchment-lined baking sheet to make 12 cookies, then flatten slighty with your hands or a fork.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, then let cool and enjoy!
- Drizzle with Chocti chocolate ghee spread (optional).
- Category: Dessert