Guacamole is one of my favorite dips ever. Packed with healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber, potassium, and of course when paired with the best tortilla chips on the planet, I’m sold!
In order to be able to make last minute guac, it’s important to get ripe avocados. There’s nothing worse than buying avocados at the store only to get home to realize they are still rock hard. Buy them ripe, slice in half, and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Easy peasy!
I paired my guac with my favorite chips ever, Siete Chips, made from cassava flour. They are grain-free, and extremely addictive. I’ve converted my whole family onto them!
Everyone has their own take on guacamole and how they make it. This is the most basic recipe, so feel free to add your own flair! They honestly did not have ANY cilantro in Whole Foods when I went, so I left it out and it was just as delicious! Jalapeno peppers and diced cherry tomatoes also make great additions.Print
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add-ins: jalapeno pepper, diced tomato, fresh cilantro
- Add avocados to a medium sized bowl and mash to desired consistency (less for a chunkier guacamole, more for a smoother guac).
- Add in diced onion and garlic, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and enjoy!
Rich, creamy, decadent guacamole. Everyone needs to have a last-minute guac recipe in their collection.
Enjoy this simple and healthy dip recipe! Tag @rd__licious on instagram to share your creations!