A delicious fall harvest salad packed with flavor and nutrition! Eat the rainbow with this beautiful autumn salad. Naturally gluten-free, and also vegetarian.
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale, chopped and sliced thin
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, sliced and chopped thin
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2+ cups brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 medium apple, cut and sliced into matchsticks
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- freshly shaved parmesan for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop sweet potato into bite sized pieces, and cut brussel sprouts in half. Add to sheet pan and drizzle with 1/2 -1 TBSP olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cut both ends off butternut squash. Peel skin, then chop into 1/4″ cubes. Add to second baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add both baking sheets to oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, checking halfway through.
- While vegetables are roasting, prepare remaining ingredients. Add 3 TBSP olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, and salt to a small bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- Thinly slice and chop cabbage and kale and add to a large serving bowl. Cut apple into matchsticks and add to serving bowl.
- Once veggies are done roasting, let cool. Once cool, add to salad and sprinkle with cranberries, nuts, and hemp seeds. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss. Serve with freshly shaved parmesan. Enjoy!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fall harvest autumn salad vegetarian