I’m never eating anything else for the rest of my life except for these cookie dough balls. JK, I’d be lacking a fewwww nutrients, but these babies are SO FREAKING HEAVENLY I cannot stop popping them into my mouth! Instead of buying store-bought cookie dough, these bites are full of healthy ingredients – and definitely no eggs that would make you sick. All raw, all vegan, all gluten free.
They’re oooey, gooey, a little salty, a little sweet, and definitely fulfills that fattening-tasting, decadent cookie dough craving. Oats provide healthy fiber and whole grains, cashews give you protein and healthy fats, and cinnamon, date syrup, and vanilla give it extra flavoring without a lot of excess sugar or fat.
These are easily adaptable to any diet. Don’t need to restrict gluten or dairy? Use regular oats and regular dark chocolate chips. Vegan? Stick to dairy-free chips and those with Celiac Disease or gluten interolance can simply use gluten-free oats like me.Print
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free certified if needed)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup date syrup (or agave/honey, etc.)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and blend until a smooth dough forms.
- Be careful not to overprices, which could turn it into cashew butter.
- Once dough is formed, place into a separate bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into individual bite sized balls and eat right away or store in the fridge or freezer.
- Category: dessert, snack
Want to take them up to the next level?!?!
make them into cake pops!
Make your own melted raw chocolate (all you need is melted cocoa butter, melted coconut oil, and raw cacao powder) and dip them into the chocolate. Roll into cocoa powder and set in the freezer to harden! So delicious!
Think cake pops are too difficult to make? These took only 8 minutes total between making the dough bites + melting the chocolate! Super simple.
Comment below if you try these! ↓ The rest of these are currently in my freezer just waiting for my cravings to hit… 😉