Which dessert wins? THIS ONE.
VEGAN COOKIES AND CREAM CAKE BATTER DIP
Its magical because it’s made with simple ingredients, it’s one serving, and it takes 5 minutes to whip together. No need to share ;), just grab a spoon and devour this deliciousness!
This dessert beats all desserts I’e ever tried. IN MY ENTIRE LIFE OF 24 YEARS.
If you don’t already follow The Big Man’s World Food blog, you’re missing out. This blog is my go-to for healthy gluten-free treats, and they usually can be made in 5 minutes! This was where I first found out how to make a microwavable mug cake and have been hooked ever since. 🙂
This delicious, creamy cake batter dip tastes like heaven but is way healthier than your average batter. This vegan and gluten free recipe was adapted from “The Big Man’s World” blog, and it is easily customizable to make a variety of flavors! Cookies and cream makes this dip crunchy, smooth, and sweet and leaves you wanting bite after bite.
- 1/2– 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce OR 1 small/medium mashed banana
- 1 scoop vanilla or cookies and cream flavored plant-based protein powder of choice (I used plant fusion brand)
- 1–2 T granulated sweetener of choice (I used stevia for a sugar-free option)
- 1 T coconut flour (Can sub gluten free all purpose flour)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 T nut butter of choice (I used almond butter)
- 1 T coconut butter
- 1 T maple syrup (can sub for another sticky sweetener, I used Walden Farms calorie-free Pancake Syrup)
- Dairy free milk of choice*
- 1/8 cup crushed Gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies (optional, Glutino has a great vegan version)
- In a mixing bowl, combine your applesauce/mashed banana with the protein powder, coconut flour, granulated sweetener of choice and sea salt and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl or on the stovetop, melt the nut butter with maple syrup until combined. Stir in vanilla extract into the melted mixture.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well until fully combined.
- If batter is still too crumbly, using a tablespoon, add dairy free milk until a very firm batter is formed. If batter is too thin, add a dash more flour.
- Stir through your cacao nibs until fully mixed in.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with crushed gluten free cookies if desired and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
Check out the original recipe from Big Man’s World here!
Don’t need this recipe to be vegan? Quest Nutrition also has a wonderful whey-based protein powder in “Cookies and Cream” flavor. You can either buy a huge 2 lb canister, or buy a single serving packet to try it out first! I love when companies offer this because what if you end up buying a huge amount and end up hating it? Ugh, food waste. Not cool. I love trying small packets of various brands and flavors so I can find my favorites before going all in. This was initially how I found out how much I loved this certain protein powder!