Which dessert wins? THIS ONE.
COOKIES AND CREAM CAKE BATTER DIP
Its magical because it’s made with simple ingredients, it’s one serving, and it takes 5 minutes to whip together. No need to share ;), just grab a spoon and devour this deliciousness!
This dessert beats all desserts lately…I mean it.
If you don’t already follow The Big Man’s World Food blog, you’re missing out. This blog is my go-to for healthy gluten-free treats, and they usually can be made in 5 minutes! This was where I first found out how to make a microwavable mug cake and have been hooked ever since. 🙂
This delicious, creamy cake batter dip tastes like heaven but is way healthier than your average batter. This recipe was adapted from “The Big Man’s World” blog, and it is easily customizable to make a variety of flavors! Cookies and cream makes this dip crunchy, smooth, and sweet and leaves you wanting bite after bite.
- 1/2– 3/4 cup applesauce OR 1 small/medium mashed banana
- 1 scoop vanilla or cookies and cream flavored plant-based protein powder of choice (I used plant fusion brand)
- 1–2 TBSP granulated sweetener of choice (I used stevia for a sugar-free option)
- 1 TBSP coconut flour (Can sub gluten free all purpose flour)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 TBSP almond butter
- 1 TBSP coconut butter
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (can sub for another sticky sweetener)
- milk of choice*
- 1/8 cup crushed Gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies (optional, Glutino has a great vegan version)
- In a mixing bowl, combine your applesauce/mashed banana with the protein powder, coconut flour, granulated sweetener of choice and sea salt and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl or on the stovetop, melt the nut butter with maple syrup until combined. Stir in vanilla extract into the melted mixture.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well until fully combined.
- If batter is still too crumbly, using a tablespoon, *add milk until a very firm batter is formed. If batter is too thin, add a dash more flour.
- Stir through your cacao nibs until fully mixed in.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with crushed gluten free cookies if desired and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
Check out the original recipe from Big Man’s World here!