Say hello to your new favorite veggie burger.
I don’t discriminate against burgers, I like em all — 😋 beef, bison, black bean, quinoa, sweet potato, you name it, im into it!
Whether you’re trying to be mindful of your animal protein intake for the planet or your health, I can’t recommend veggie burgers enough. And even better these homemade beet, black bean, quinoa burgers are SO satisfying and tasty. 🍔
These make for great meal prep for the week – they heat up really well. Then, simply top with your favorite burger fixings and enjoy!
These veggie burgers are tasty, satisfying, and packed with nutrients! Pair with your favorite bun and toppings and get ready for a delicious meal.
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 large red onion finely chopped
- 1 can black beans low-sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped finely
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 4 small cooked beets (such as Love Beets brand) -sliced/chopped thin
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or red pepper flakes
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add nonstick spray or a small amount of oil. Add the onion and sauté until soft (~5 minutes), sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Next, turn up the heat to medium and add the mushrooms and walnuts. Season with another sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook about 3 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and add in black beans and mash with a fork.
- Next, transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and add the quinoa, beets, spices and mix well.
- Set mixture in the fridge to chill while your oven preheats to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray or olive oil. Form mixture into roughly 8 patties and place on baking sheet. Bake patties at 375 F for a total of 30-45 minutes, flipping very carefully halfway.