It’s pasta night over here!
Banza pasta is seriously a game changer. It’s packed with fiber and protein, great for keeping your blood sugar steady. And it’s also gluten free, for any fellow people that cannot tolerate gluten! I love adding sautéed veggies and sauce to my pasta, always switching it up each time. Tonight I was craving pesto, and this Healthy Vegetarian Pesto Chickpea Pasta did not disappoint!
This delicious vegetarian dish is packed with flavor and nutrition. Great for getting in a little extra protein and fiber! Gluten-free too.
- 1 package Banza pasta of choice
- 2 TBSP Pesto of choice (I used Trader Joe’s Quinoa Pesto)
- 1/2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 TBSP butter or ghee
- desired amount of homemade vegan parmesan cheese or regular parmesan for serving
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in saucepan and sauté chopped zucchini, mushrooms, and kale until soft and cooked through (~8 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
- Once pasta is done cooking, strain pasta and stir in 2 TBSP pesto and additional salt to taste if desired.
- Add pasta to a bowl, sprinkle with ‘parmesan’ and mix vegetables in. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite way to make pasta? I always crave pasta after going for a long run. It’s so neat how when you become an intuitive eater and learn to be more in tune with your body and listen to what it needs, eating is truly so fun and enjoyable! Immediate thoughts post-run: Pasta and pesto sounded good, and I wanted a little bit of extra protein cause I didn’t have any meat on hand, plus I added a little umami which the vegetables provided! It was quite the perfect combo if you ask me. 😉
✰ Share with me your latest Banza creations on instagram- @rd__licious! ✰