A recent morning this week, I got to sleep in, actually enjoy my coffee, and have a full day ahead of me with absolutely nothing to do. I rarely get days like these and wow are are they amazing! I worked the past weekend at the hospital which gave me the luxury of a Tuesday off, and I took full advantage by resting, hitting my favorite workout class, and making these vibrating, energizing goji cacao balls, the perfect PM snack to get me through that afternoon slump.
Artist:: East Forest
These chocolate bites are gooey, nutrient-dense, and naturally sweet. If you’re like me and have candy tempting you at work, bring a few of these and shock your coworkers! They are wayyy better than the crap-filled candy bars and only filled with whole ingredients with your health in mind. 😉
Raw cacao powder brings all the goodness from natural chocolate without the added fat or sugar when it becomes processed. Cacao powder is packed with iron, magnesium, calcium, and antioxidants!Print
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used Youfresh Naturals Cashew Butter)
- 1 TBSP raw cacao powder (+ more for coating)
- 1/8 cup goji berry powder
- 1 TBSP mix of chia & hemp seeds
- 5–6 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- dash of cinnamon
- 3 TBSP milk of choice
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients until moist gooey dough is formed.
- Roll into bite sized balls, then coat with cacao powder.
- Repeat until all dough is used and ~12-14 balls are made.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert / Snack